Stand Number : G16
We supply gas and electricity to businesses across the country.
But unlike other energy suppliers, we reinvest in the community.
With us, you’ll be powering your business with positive energy and helping us to support projects like:
- Our work to tackle fuel poverty
- Supporting community energy
- Improving access to sport for thousands of school children
- Supporting a local homeless charity, and making it easier to donate to local shelters
And our friendly, Bristol-based business team are committed to ensuring our business customers have a positive experience managing their energy with us.
Bristol Energy: Putting the power back in public hands
Energy is not optional. It’s not a ‘nice to have’ or a luxury. Yet two thirds of us continue to pay over the odds for our gas and electricity, on expensive tariffs with one of the big suppliers. And around 4 million people across the country struggle to heat their homes or cook a hot meal.
At Bristol Energy we have a chance to do things differently, fairly and with purpose. To get people switched on to their energy use. And lead a new kind of energy sector.
Bristol Energy was set up by Bristol City Council in 2015 and are one of a small and growing number of Council-owned energy suppliers. We help people and businesses across the country to pay less for their energy bills. And instead of our profits disappearing into the hands of private shareholders, Bristol City Council will use the money we make to support local communities.
Because we’re publicly-owned, we can choose to use our energy to fuel social good. So if we make a saving on the energy we buy on the wholesale market, we pass this on to our customers. And if you want to come in and talk to us about your bills over of a cup of tea, well, you can.
We can also prioritise tackling fuel poverty in our city, which affects one in every eight households in Bristol. Through our Fuel Good fund, we donate money to local charities in the city who are helping people to stay warm and well in their homes.
At Bristol Energy can run an energy company that works for the people, not just the profit:
- With no private shareholders, we can keep our bills low and fair. Our customers across the UK are saving an average of around £200 a year.
- We also offer 100% renewable electricity for people and businesses that want fairly-priced energy that’s kinder the planet
- Our green deal also includes 15% green gas, made from local sewage waste: further supporting the circular economy in our city
- You can come and see us in person at our Bristol-based Hub, offering face to face customer service and a space for community events
- And we work with local charities to tackle fuel poverty in our founding city.
Being publicly owned means we have solid financial backing, which helps protect us, and our customers, from a turbulent market. And we’re run by a team of experts with more than 300 years in the energy sector between them, all of us determined to run a company that works for the people.
Since the privatisation of the energy market in the mid-1980’s, we have seen ever decreasing local or British influence over the firms that generate and distribute power in this country.
Municipal energy is just one way that we can shift the power back.
If you would like to know more about setting up your own municipal energy company, you can visit Bristol Energy at the Public Sector Show at stand G16.